Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Rabbi and I

Faith is either the edge of sanity or the beginning of clarity.

I came up with that quote last night while I was texting a friend, and I thought it was rather clever considering the source. Aside from that, it was relatively appropriate for the circumstances she's in; she may actually be reading this now, and as a nod to Anastasia, I will constantly refer to her and everyone I know by an alias. So let me tell you a bit about the Rabbi...

Strong-willed, bull-headed, and sharp with her wit, she's also wounded, emotional, and frustrated by her own tears. She has been a casual friend, although since we are virtual strangers to one another, there's that comfort of never having to face your keeper of secrets. She finds me extremely weird (and she's correct) and I find her extremely intriguing, but that's not why the story continues.

I will spare her the horror of watching her life unfold in front of strangers, albeit anonymously, and simply suggest that she has already told you her story. You just don't know it yet. One day I hope you will, and you will see the life of an ordinary, exceptional person; a person who lives two lives, one of awareness of her surroundings, and one of hiding in the shadows. She's all of us at one time or another, and it's refreshing to see someone who's as contradictive as yourself.

So here I am, keeping a promise and writing on consecutive days. Maybe tomorrow I'll tell you another story. Yes, Anastasia, I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment